Eco-Friendly Interior Design in Australia
There is still a general perception that eco-friendly interior design in Australia means mudbricks, bamboo furniture, scratchy mats and linens, and a general tradeoff between comfort and kindness to the planet. In reality, it is the everyday choices you make about everyday products that makes a difference to your environmental impact. Today we look at some top tips for eco-friendly interior design in Australia.
Melbourne Interior Design with an Ecological Mind
Melbourne is the fastest-growing city in Australia, so it is most important that Melbourne residents get on the eco-bandwagon. Here's how:
- Take advantage of the enormous range of furniture stores for Melbourne interior design projects, and choose one where the products are either recycled, recyclable, GECA certified, or made only from local materials.
- Get only 5 energy star rated appliances - Melbourne gives your heater a workout!
Brisbane Interior Design with an Ecological Mind
The city by the river is the most humid and often the warmest of Austalia's major cities. Use that to your advantage by:
- Make sure your airconditioner gets a 5-star rating from Energy Star; you'll use it a lot in Brisbane
- Make sure your Brisbane interior design makes as much use as possible of the large number of sunshine hours in the city
- Brisbane gets a lot of rain - hire an Brisbane interior designer who also works outdoors, and get them to consult on a working garden for your home
Sydney Interior Design with an Ecological Mind
Sydney is a big city with plenty of choice in products and services, which can play a big part in helping you 'green' your home interior.If you are interested in
wall clocks you need to see this
- Sydney has the largest number of interior designers in Australia. Take advantage of that choice - hire a professional with ecological credentials for your Sydney interior design project.
- Just as with Melbourne interior design, there is a plethora of contractors to do the day-to-day work for your Sydney interior design. Choose one that has a comprehensive, well-though out policy for the environment.
Adelaide Interior Design with an Ecological Mind
Adelaide has less choice in products and service delivery, but plenty of ways to naturally help the local environment with your home design choices.
- Take advantage of the relatively dry climate, use water-based wood finishes when executing your interior design in Adelaide
- Water is a major issue in Adelaide - tell your Adelaide interior designer that you don't want a dishwasher or bath, and want high-efficiency water devices throughout the home.
Perth Interior Design with an Ecological Mind
It takes a lot of fuel to transport anything to Perth - buy locally-made products wherever possible, and take advantage of Perth's unique climate.
- Choose furniture for your Perth interior design made from Karri wood - it's beautiful, local and eco-friendly.
- Buying on the internet can be cheaper sometimes, but consider the environmental impact of the extra freight in fuel consumption, emissions, and packaging. Buy from stores in Perth instead.
- Ask your Perth interior designer to help you take best advantage of the Fremantle Doctor to avoid using your air conditioner too much in summer.